PROPHET SIMMONS & FAMILY

To provide financial and spiritual educational insight to all new found family members

News Articles

Admin
    Admin

WED. NIGHT NEWS

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:56 pm

Maliki calls during a meeting with businessmen and traders in the National Business Council to activate the role of the private sector
    02-10-2013 04:13 PM

Baghdad (news) .. Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki, during a meeting in his office official said Wednesday a number of businessmen and traders of Iraqi National Business Council, to activate the role of the private sector. According to a statement of the Office of the Prime Minister, has received the Agency (news) a copy him: that al-Maliki called for activating the role of the private sector, he said: that the state does not rise without the participation of the private sector, hello a greater role for the sector in various areas of work and investment, particularly in the field of electricity, oil and agriculture. said Maliki: convert the Iraqi economy from a central depends on the public sector to a market economy does not need laws and regulations, but also also needs to change in culture and approach that raised him Iraqis, including officials in the state. statement added: that businessmen have a picture of the role of the private sector in various areas of the Iraqi economy, and they said they had entered For the first time in the fields of electricity, oil filter and various industries, but they are still at the beginning of the road, and called on government to assign to activate their role. / End / o. P /

- See more at: http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=103238#sthash.mXBINCfj.dpuf

New Iraqi currency .. Soon

CBI seeks to delete three zeros from the Iraqi currency since 2003. A project that raises many concerns on the street level and the business community of Iraq, and it seems economists are divided between supporters of the project see it as an opportunity to reduce the rates of inflation and unemployment, among forewarned of economic shocks may prevail Iraqi market due to implementation of this project.

The delayed implementation of the project after that enter the central bank, as amended, more than once due to concerns based predominantly to the security situation uncontrolled and open market to foreign goods without restrictions and counterfeit currency circulating in the market in addition to the rampant corruption in the country.

were Iraqi News Agency Independent quoted Find a member of the Finance Committee in Parliament Abdul Hussein al-Yasiri on the fourth of September / past as saying that the year 2014 will see the deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency, to be done in coordination with the Central Bank. He explained Yasiri that this project will lead to the reduction of the size of the national currency traded than four billion Iraqi dinars to one billion.

Meanwhile, the head of the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives Haider al-Abadi for "Almonetor" It is possible to delete the zeros from the current currency, but it has been postponed until after the parliamentary elections, pointing out that studies are now safeguards are in place to reduce fraud, and make sure there trading again currency current.

was the process of deleting the zeros had been postponed more than once, until demanded the Economic Committee in the House of Representatives, according to reported channel "Oriental" on the seventh of July last year from the central bank, accelerate the process of deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency is tight in a press conference held that the process of deletion of zeros will increase the value of the Iraqi dinar and will be reflected positively on the issue of reducing the rate of unemployment and poverty in the country.

, but Chancellor Financial "North Bank" wholesome Elias said in an interview to "Almonetor" The process of deletion of zeros is only an administrative process, and cash equivalent should remain as it is, any that the purchasing power of the new currency should be equal to the old currency. Elias said he must التدوال two currencies both for a period of up to three years old to withdraw gradually from the market. Elias predicted that highlights the unresolved problems if the creditor and the debtor or if they hit any defect in payments and withdrawals. But he ruled that affect the rates of inflation or poverty.

For his part, Deputy Chairman of the Finance Committee in the Iraqi parliament Ahmed Faizullah for "Almonetor" the view of the wholesome Elias, pointing out that the deletion of zeros will not change the purchasing power of the Iraqi dinar because it is linked sized industrial production and import. He added that what saved the Iraqi dinar is owning the central bank cash reserve of hard currency Osafth the cover have formed the dinar. He called Faizullah to the lack of implementation of the project at this time because it would disrupt the market and Iraqi citizens alike.

amid those views Director noted Commissioner for "Company breeze north" to trade stocks Inas Mohamed said in an interview to "Almonetor," that the stock market will be the biggest hit of changing the currency and delete the zeros. Still stock sold in dinars, and a thousand dinars currently is worth a thousand shares while will become new dinar one after the deletion of zeros is equal to A shares, which would disrupt the stock market where the movement confused basically due to the security situation in the country.

* Golden safe researcher and media in the field of economy political and trained in the field of oil and energy journalism. She holds a Ph.D. in "American policy of containment."
    Almonetor

http://www.iraaqi.com/news.php?id=4768&news=1#.UkwDMIamiSp

WS .......... Hoorah!!!

MAILMAN.......... I saw Your post .......... I apologize if You feel I was being emotional ........ But I disagree. Emotions are undisciplined. O is too obvious. O is like M ......... You'll see. Let's just pray for everyone. No government nor health careless........ Not bad two for one. Take care Sir.

I go to spend the day with ...........WF.

Aloha.

KTFA,

Frank

A senior U.S. official: Iraq will be the sole leader of the Middle East and Basra city of the 21st century

Author: SKM
    Editor: AF, RS 02/10/2013 17:30

Range Press / Basra
    Predicted Inspector General U.S. special affairs reconstruction of Iraq, Stuart Bowen, said Wednesday that Iraq would be "the leader of the region sole", during the coming period, adding that "corruption" is one of the most important challenges facing the country, and among that Washington has tried 90 U.S. citizen on charges of corruption related projects funded by the U.S. government in Iraq, the governor of Basra, acknowledged that Iraq "to corrupt Aahacb".

The inspector general said the U.S. private affairs of Iraq reconstruction, Stuart Bowen, in a joint press conference with the governor of Basra in the Office of the province, and attended (range Press), "The United States was entrusted to me the task of fighting corruption in the reconstruction of Iraq during the past ten years after spotted a budget estimated at $ 60 billion for the reconstruction of Iraq, "noting that" investigations Attpt and presence of 90 U.S. citizen accused of corruption in Iraq and were tried in the United States. "

Bowen described the past ten years in Iraq as "the same problems and challenges and corruption," expressing his optimism as "the next ten years in the reconstruction of Iraq, which will be leader Ohadda in the Middle East."

The Inspector General noted that the U.S. "Basra province of important cities and the development of a program and laws to combat corruption in which to develop," returned them to the "City of the twenty-first century."

For his part, the governor of Basra said Majed Nasraoui during a joint press conference "to maintain readiness for the use of foreign expertise to fight corruption and cut the road to the corrupt program, especially in the reconstruction of the province and the implementation of construction projects."

Nasraoui added, "I discussed with the U.S. Inspector Basra strategy for 30 years to come," noting that "the United States is donor countries Hacpt the employees spoilers while we spent the money and did not hold the corrupt accountable, a guide on its success in the fight against corruption."

Nasraoui pointed out that "the province of Basra formed visual experiences forum, which includes the province of Basra experts to submit their proposals in the field of fight against corruption and how to refer the projects correctly and the closure of the ports on the spoilers for projects in the province."

Among Nasraoui that "some licenses from companies lagging been withdrawn and refer files to the integrity of the accountability and the denial of access to the project in the province," noting that "the existence of the program is pushing up the level of control and supervision of the assignment of projects and put المعرقلات front spoilers and standard in the assignment of projects is efficiency and quality of work. "

The province of Basra and directed the investment in the province in April of 2012, the withdrawal of five investment licenses to the reluctance of the winning companies, to fulfill its obligations in accordance with the terms and conditions specified in the contracts signed.

The MP accused the province of Basra, a member of the Committee of the Regions parliamentary and provincial Mansour al-Tamimi on the eighteenth of last September in the province, officials Bzbbhm wasting public money and the reluctance of service and urban projects calling for hauling lagging project files to the Integrity Commission to hold accountable those responsible for negligence
    The phenomenon of corruption the biggest challenge to the security side, facing the Iraqi governments since the end of the U.S. war on Iraq in 2003, has reached the levels of corruption in Iraq, an end has led international organizations specialized to put it among the countries most corrupt in the world, solving Iraq in 2012, the last in third place in terms of the level of corruption in it.

The Integrity Commission, announced in (the fourth of February 2013), on the transfer of about six thousand accused of corruption to the competent courts in the past year 2012, indicating that the amount of transactions that took place where corrupt practices exceeded the trillion dinars.

As studies have confirmed an American recent survey, that Iraq has grown is the largest in the region in imports, due to higher oil production, which is the lifeblood of the local economy, but analysts quoted their studies say that the strong economic growth this was accompanied by improvements in the living conditions and services due to the spread corruption.

The Integrity Commission, revealed in its annual report, for 2012, the past, and I got (range Press), a copy of it, a lower value on the issues of corruption in the country of about three trillion Iraqi dinars in 2011 to about 133 billion dinars in the year 2012, and confirmed that the total cases referred to the Iraqi judiciary amounted to about 4278, while showed that the number of defendants referred to the courts reached 5980 people, showed that the number of wanted the hit 8696 accused, including 24 ministers or of Bdrjtah been sentenced to 16 of them.

The newspaper, the Washington Post, said in (the sixth of March 2013), the Inspector General American in charge of the reconstruction program in Iraq, Stuart Bowen, wrote a report, "acknowledged the failure of the program, which began ten years ago at a cost of $ 60 billion."

The newspaper said in its report that the reconstruction effort, which began the hopes and wide in March of 2003 "is now over in the quagmire of corruption and mismanagement," pointing out that the most noticeable in the report "disappearance thanked the" Iraqi officials after they "praise, albeit cautiously "U.S. aid during the presence of American troops.

He said that Iraqi officials "to sharply criticize now what they call missed opportunities," pointing to the adoption of senior U.S. officials to "correct some of those criticisms."

The newspaper quoted a report of the Inspector General, Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, expressed "gratitude to the U.S. investment in Iraq," but commented that those billions "it was possible to make a big difference, if done well managed."

The report also included a comment to former finance minister resigned, Rafie al-Issawi, said that the United States had "failed to establish large-scale projects for reconstruction."

http://www.almadapress.com/ar/news/19114/%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%A4%D9%88%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%B1%D9%83%D9%8A-%D8%B1%D9%81%D9%8A%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D8%B3%D9%8A%D9%83%D9%88%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B2%D8%B9

Calls upon foreign citizens who have information about the property or documents of the State of Kuwait contact the ministry
    Wednesday, October 02, 1 / Okrudolf 2013 17:48

[Baghdad where]

Foreign Ministry called upon honorable citizens who have information about the property or documents belonging to the State of Kuwait contact the ministry in order to bring it back to Kuwait, in implementation of Security Council resolutions.

A statement from the Oarh Agency has received all of Iraq [where] a copy of it today that "citizens' cooperation with the Ministry, but it is a national action aimed at resolving issues that we inherited by the crimes of the former regime and to enable Iraq to return to normal in the international community."

The statement said the reward "for those who provide any information about the property and have provided an important service to his homeland." Ended

http://www.alliraqnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101634:2013-10-02-14-32-14&catid=41:2011-04-08-17-27-21&Itemid=86

This is a story that I have already shared with you...Hope you enjoy it again!

Just Checking In:

A minister passing through his church in the middle of the day,
    Decided to pause by the altar and see who had come to pray.

Just then the back door opened, a man came down the aisle,
    The minister frowned as he saw the man hadn't shaved in a while.

His shirt was kinda shabby and his coat was worn and frayed.
    The man knelt, he bowed his head, then rose and walked away.

In the days that followed, each noon time...came this chap,
    Each time he knelt just for a moment, a lunch pail in his lap.

Well, the minister's suspicions grew, with robbery a main fear,
    He decided to stop the man and ask him, "what are you doing here?"

The old man said, he worked down the road...lunch was a half an hour.
    Lunchtime was his prayer time, for finding faith, strength and power.

"I stay only moments, see, the factory is so far away;
    As I kneel here talking to the Lord, this is kinda what I say:

"I just came again to tell you Lord, how happy I have been,
    Since we found each other's friendship and you took away my sin.

Don't know much of how to pray, but I think about you everyday.
    So, Jesus, this is Jim...just checking in."

The minister feeling foolish, told Jim that was fine.
    He told the man he was welcome to come and pray anytime.

"Time to go", Jim smiled, and said "thanks" as he hurried to the door.
    The minister knelt at the altar, he'd never done that before.

His cold heart melted, warmed with love, and met with Jesus there.
    As the tears flowed, in his heart, he repeated old Jim's prayer:

"I just came again to tell you Lord, how happy I have been,
    Since we found each other's friendship and you took away my sin.

Don't know much of how to pray, but I think about you everyday.
    So, Jesus, This is me...just checking in."

Past noon one day, the minister noticed that old Jim had not come.
    As more days passed with no sign of Jim, he began to worry some.

At the factory, he asked about him, learning he was ill.
    The hospital staff was worried, but Jim had given them a thrill.

The week that Jim was with them, he brought changes in the ward.
    His smiles, a joy contagious...changed people, were his reward.

The head nurse couldn't understand why Jim was so glad,
    When no flowers, calls or cards came, not a visitor he had.

The minister stayed by Jim's bed, he voiced the nurses's concern.
    No friends came to show they cared, he had nowhere to turn.

Looking surprised, old Jim spoke up and with a winsome smile...
    "The nurse is wrong, she couldn't know, that in here all the while,

Everyday at noon...He's here, a dear friend of mine, you see,
    He sits right down, takes my hand, leans over and says to me:

"I JUST CAME AGAIN TO TELL YOU, JIM,
    HOW HAPPY I HAVE BEEN,
    SINCE WE FOUND THIS WONDERFUL FRIENDSHIP,
    AND I TOOK AWAY YOUR SIN.
    I ALWAYS LOVE TO HEAR YOU PRAY,
    AND I THINK ABOUT YOU EVERDAY,
    AND SO JIM, THIS IS JESUS...CHECKING IN."

Have A great Day,
    God BLess

12:02 02/10/2013

Water drilling of 63 wells to stop the spread of sand dunes in Karbala

Baghdad - and babysit - The Ministry of Water Resources, Tuesday, for the drilling of 63 wells to sustain aquatic green belts around the city of Karbala and the non-proliferation of sand dunes at the expense of agricultural land.

The ministry said in a statement, received news agency public opinion (and babysit) a copy of it, that "the Angels engineering and technical in the General Authority of groundwater of the ministry, has drilled 63 wells in water for the purpose of preventing the spread of sand dunes at the expense of agricultural land in the province of Karbala, in collaboration with Directorate of Agriculture in the province. "

The ministry added that "the wells allocated to sustain the feeding green belts length of 27 km and a width of 100 m, where the distance between the wells and the last 500 meters to maintain the water level in the wells and the depth of 36-50 m and a diameter of 17.5 - 20 Angie, in addition to checking wells and installation crews pumped if they reach the productivity of the well per 6 - 8 liters per second in addition to the cultivation of plants such as olive and palm and Alioukaleptuz where working كمصدات to install soil if Troy These plants are modern irrigation methods (drip irrigation) 8 rooms have been established on the wells to accommodate operators. "p / h
    http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnahrain%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Dbh9%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&u=http://alrayy.com/93935.htm&usg=ALkJrhiOFmqbNwrq7ldJUiezmc6HdUcmog

Admin
    Admin

FRIDAY NEWS 10/04/13

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:59 pm

Saad: the law of crude oil refining works to attract investors to the country 04-10-2013 10:32 AM Baghdad (news) .. Confirmed a member of the Oil and Energy Committee MP / National Alliance / Susan Saad, that the law of private investment in the sector filtering oil, would attract investors to work in the field of the filter and limits the import of oil derivatives. said Saad (of the Agency news): that Iraq produced quantities large crude oil, but in return import a lot of oil derivatives, especially kerosene and gasoline, indicating that these derivatives cost the state expenses are so many we need a law oil filter for the establishment of refineries great believes the local need of oil derivatives, and you export as well. said: that the law of private investment in Gaza liquidation oil happened upon disagreements about who the company invested contracted you contracted with the Federal Ministry of Oil or local government or the provincial government. mentions that the Council of Ministers approved during its regular 48, which was held earlier, the draft law on private investment in the oil filter Crude auditor by the State Council. / End / 5.. / - See more at: http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=103394#sthash.fRJzIcM2.dpuf
    http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=103394

Deputy: Credibility in the implementation of economic laws one of the reasons for the success of the investment in the region 04-10-2013 07:17 AM Baghdad (news) .. A member of the Economic Committee MP / Kurdistan Alliance / Mahma Khalil, said that security and stability and credibility in the implementation of economic laws led to the success of the investment in the Kurdistan region. Khelil said (of the Agency news): that of success factors for investment in the world is security and stability and the application of the laws of economics logistics and infrastructure of the country, noting that the law of investment in the region is one of the best laws in the Middle East through the provision of banking facilities, infrastructure and services, security and stability. said: to delay investment in Baghdad to the lack of credibility in the implementation of the laws and its dependence on routine killer extruder for companies, as well as More difficult to obtain an investment license. / End / 5.. / - See more at: http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=103386#sthash.Gx96IUZ3.dpuf

14:52 03/10/2013
    The Ministry of Transport signed a contract with the trade to import (85) Truck
    Image Baghdad - and babysit - The Ministry of Transport, has announced the signing of a contract with the Ministry of Commerce to import 85 truck, stressing that it will receive the first batch of trucks over the next few days.

The Director-General of the General Company for Land Transport Abbas Omran Musa in a statement received by public opinion, a copy of it, "said the company signed a contract with the General Company for Trade cars and machinery of the Ministry of Commerce for the supply of 85 new truck type Volvo to modernize the company's fleet and support it mechanisms to cope with road traffic."

"The company will receive the first batch of trucks Model 2013 in the next few days, noting that the contract that was signed is the second trade with cars after the first contract, which was signed late last year."

He stressed, "said the company is constantly striving to keep abreast of developments in the transport sector through the modernization of the fleet and support it with new loads according to global standards, pointing out that most of the current fleet trucks nearing operational life to an end, as well as its cargo, which is now more than planned in the neighboring countries" ... p / i

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Falrayy.com%2F

Mehdi Haji: the next government, a government of national partnership 04-10-2013 09:42 AM Baghdad (news) .. According to MP / coalition of Kurdish blocs / Mehdi Haji, that the next government will be a government of national partnership because the country can not be judged on the unit. said Haji said in a statement (of the Agency news): We hope to hold the elections on schedule enactment of the election law because the old law was appointed by the Federal Court. added: that the next election will produce new political map and the formation of new alliances along the lines of the coalition current, which includes all the ingredients but not most of the blocs participating now. said the Kurdistan Alliance MP to: that Iraq can not be be judged only by a majority of political and participation of all communities religions and components. said شرشاب in an earlier statement (the news): It must be on the political blocs that are attempts serious in order to overcome all the challenges facing the political process, and to reduce the deteriorating security situation in the country, By taking important steps to address these obstacles. / End / 2.'s. m / - See more at: http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=103388#sthash.fNywl9iS.dpuf
    http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=103388
    Kurds to dole out hard cash donations as oil royalties surge

By Kifah Kareem

Azzaman, October 3, 2013

Iraqi Kurdish authorities are considering a plan to hand out hard cash donations of up to $1000 to each family in their autonomous region, said the prime minister of the Kurdish regional government, Nechervan al-Barzani.

Barzani said Kurdish oil and gas discoveries were on the rise and the development of the newly discovered fields was on its way to bring untold riches to the region.

The expected surge in income will make it possible for the regional government to hand out donations in hard cash to every single family living in the region, comprising the three northern provinces of Arbil, Sulaimaniya and Dahouk.

Scores of foreign firms are busy developing oil and gas fields in the region and Turkey is reported to have given the green light to foreign firms to construct pipelines linking Kurdish producing fields to its terminals on the Mediterranean.

The Kurds say their current output of nearly 200,000 barrels a day will shoot to one million barrels by 2015.

The Kurds have two routes to ship their oil to international markets.

They can either use the current twin pipeline owned by the central government in Baghdad or rely on the pipelines they are going to build to link their oil fields with export terminals in Turkey.

The Kurds currently receive 17% of the hard cash the government in Baghdad earns from oil exports estimated at about 2.5 million barrels a day.

But it is not clear whether they have solved their differences with Baghdad over who should control the royalties emanating from the export of oil produced in their region.

http://www.azzaman.com/english/?p=990

World Bank calls on Iraq equitable distribution of wealth in the country

Ahmed Al-Zubaidi
    10/04/2013

A survey conducted by the Iraqi Ministry of Planning for a significant increase in the proportion of school drop-out, in parallel with recording a marked improvement in the living conditions of citizens compared with the indicators in 2007. at the same time detect and Deputy Minister of Planning Dr. Mahdi Keywords for the high proportion of chronically ill patients to 12% of the total population, is also believed that more than 50% of adults living with diabetes without knowing it. said Keywords that the unemployment rate among those aged 15 years and older was 12%, although this rate up in the Kurdistan region to 8% while the percentage of labor children 2% for the age group 4-14 years. Moreover urged represented by the World Bank in Iraq, Mary Helen Iraqi government on the need to control the low standard of living of the citizens, and the elimination of inequality in the distribution of wealth. confirmed Mary Helen that there are significant differences between the level of household spending Iraqi which negatively impact on education and health. And called on the Iraqi government to the need to improve the labor market as reflected positively on the economic situation of the Iraqi family. This survey covered about 25 thousand families from all of Iraq's provinces, and covered various fields of economic, social and health as well as the ration card and energy.

http://www.iraqhurr.org/content/article/25126689.html
    Image Image

http://www.imf.org/external/am/2013/index.htm

world bank annual meetings Oct 11-13 2013

Wonder if.....this could be.... :huh?:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just as a fruit tree is expected to bear fruit, God's people should produce a crop of good works.
    God has no use for people who call themselves Christians but do nothing about it.
    We are of no value if we are Christians in name only.
    If others can't see our faith in the way we treat them, we may not be God's people at all.

God Bless

Economy supports the non-parliamentary reservation in the calculation of revenue 2014

The Commission on Economy and Investment parliamentary calculating the Ministry of Finance of oil revenues in the draft budget law 2014, according to the estimate Average price per barrel to 90 dollars per barrel, stressing that Iraq is not price depends embarrassment or danger, and this price taken according to the data and indicators of the Ministry of Oil and OPEC, the World Bank and the Fund IMF.

said committee member Abdul-Abbas Xiaa (Center Brief news), said that "Iraq in the budget of 2014 less Thfezamn the rest of the neighboring countries," citing that "those countries have export large as Iraq needs larger amounts because of the capacity of operating expenses and investment."

He Xiaa, "The country has an abundance of 10 to 15 dollars on the price issue in budget 2014 and this will keep the balance."

and put the budget in 2014 according to the expectation that up Iraq's exports next year to 3.4 million barrels per day, and this will be the largest in the history of Iraq, It will amount to 174.6 trillion Iraqi dinars, equivalent to 150.1 billion U.S. dollars.

http://ar.radionawa.com/Detail.aspx?id=78626&LinkID=197

When I read this it led to thinking Obama is robbing the Civil Service Retirement Fund and swapping US debt for their funds.

This is very bad news for those relying on Civil Service Retirement!

American 401K's and IRA could be next?

quote="concan";p=353437] "Lew said his department was suspending some reinvestments of a government currency exchange fund and would also enter into a debt swap with the Federal Financing Bank and the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund. - This is a HUGE "pre-RV" indicator in my opinion! I did not know that they did not have access to the foreign currency reserves in the US and because of this move by Obama any windfall from the Iraqi Dinar revaluation can now be used by the US government where as before yesterday...it was not possible.

http://phoenixrisingradio.net/[/quote]

Thank you Millie,

This cements it...Obama is "borrowing" from Civil Service Retirement Fund...

Millie wrote on October 3rd, 2013, 7:59 pm:
    Federal Financing Bank

The Federal Financing Bank (FFB) is a government corporation, created by Congress in 1973 under the general supervision of the Secretary of the Treasury. The FFB was established to centralize and reduce the cost of federal borrowing, as well as federally-assisted borrowing from the public. The FFB was also established to deal with federal budget management issues which occurred when off-budget financing flooded the government securities market with offers of a variety of government-backed securities that were competing with Treasury securities. Today the FFB has statutory authority to purchase any obligation issued, sold, or guaranteed by a federal agency to ensure that fully guaranteed obligations are financed efficiently.
    http://www.treasury.gov/ffb/

Foreign Press mafias wash their money in the Iraqi market
    - OCTOBER 4, 2013

Fiddled horse and phosphoric pen and counting devices detect counterfeit currency

Mohammed Al Salhi - Baghdad

Varied means of rigging the local currency in spite of the multiplicity of ways disclosed but not all citizens have the means of detection what made them vulnerable to the trading of the currency without the familiar pre-where what killed many of them under penalty of law, while others had to accept the loss and destruction of the currency that occurred under their hands for fear of legal accountability and accusing them of fraud while continuing foreign mafias and counterfeiting Press laundering their money in the Iraqi market.

Um Riad fish vendor in the market Bab al spoke of (time) with a sigh for her son who was sentenced to ten years of one of the courts of the province of Najaf. She said (and I went to visit the holy shrines in Najaf and did not know that among the money in his possession which he had obtained through his work with me in the sale of fish from one of the customers of three of a ten thousand dinars forged any thirty thousand dinars, and have traded it of been arrested it did not intercede him مسوغاته and was referred to the court and sentenced him to ten years in prison on charges of forgery). Asserting that (the Committee set up by the government to release prisoners not involved with terrorism and promised to release and I have aged 24 years since more than seven months was not known until now). Wondering (Is it possible that someone rigging thirty thousand dinars only). Said saleswoman Other preferred not to be named, said (the movement of labor and competition to win customers not to allow the seller to verify in the currency charged, especially that it bothers customers and makes us نخسرهم). They indicated that (more than once discovered the existence of categories of counterfeit currency, but it was too late meaning they do not know who handed it of forced destroyed for fear of legal liability).

Forging Press
    He adds Alaa Hussein owner markets to sell food in the area Alaptaoyen (time) that (a lot of counterfeit currency was able detectable by virtue of my experience at work, especially for groups with ten and five thousand dinars, especially after he popularized in the region, the seizure of the police to Press rigging in the region, making the owners shops wary of each leak into the market before the arrest of the gang members and seized large amounts that were not cut any form layers each layer containing dozens of categories that are waiting cutting scissors your Palmtaba). In the city of Kadhimiya, where frequently Goldsmiths Ali al-Husseini says (rigging colorful ways but are not fools to the experience of owners who deal in millions per day). Indicating that (goldsmiths and the owners of banking offices have devices counting the money, which in turn reveal the counterfeit currency across the machine stops working and giving the audio signal indicating the presence of fraud and that applies to the local currency and the dollar as well as a pen-called pen secret Once that indicate where the currency sound gives Writing color phosphoric tends to Saffar But if the currency forged gives Luna black The other way to check the currency is up as tactile experience owners can fake knowledge of the quality of the paper.)

Husseini warned citizens of (a currency where the horse's head shadow, which many believe that their presence means the integrity of the currency). Explaining that the (image of the horse be less obvious and not mediated allotted place). For his part, said a member of the Parliamentary Integrity Committee Talal Zobaie (time) yesterday that (there are mafias operating from outside Iraq for the counterfeiting of currency and the introduction of adulterated gold in the markets and thus get rid of the domestic economic pressures and finance Amliltha of the market for control). He pointed out (and no direct Iranian involvement in the process to get rid of its economic sanctions imposed on it and through the control of intelligence on counterfeiting gold fraud and market manipulation). According to his opinion. And continued Anamlah fraud and currency trading is an extension of the terrorist and criminal operations and part of currency smuggling and the financing of armed groups that follow some countries to increase its influence in Iraq and النطقة).

Mafias, money laundering
    Meanwhile, member of the Commission itself Ahmed al-Jubouri (time) that (the forging process is very limited currency is not worth mentioning that this case does not affect the trajectory of the economic process and the collapse of the currency, as some claim). He said. He noted that the (Iraqi currency current printed in printing presses global which is tamper-proof and easy to identify counterfeit currency either for gold I do not think trading the chapel, but through fraud singles among some people), but he also said that (the process of forgery global and there are mafias operating from for money laundering in most countries, visiting and cheats, drug Ttjarh, etc.).

For its part, confirmed member of the parliamentary Finance Committee Najiba Najib (time) yesterday that he (can not neglect this issue although not discussed within the Commission, but there is a need for follow-up of the executive authorities). While a member of the Committee on the economy and investment parliamentary Salman al-Musawi (time) yesterday that (there are counterfeit currency traded but not up to the level of economic security threat to the country). He said (what is happening from the crimes of counterfeiting and fraud gold is present in most of the world's advanced countries such as the United States and Uribe and that the dollar is more currencies that are exposed to fraud and this game intelligence and criminal carried out by some quarters). Said Moussawi (a device control and standardization qualitative and is responsible for stamping gold is gives you permission to jewelers carry on its business as well as the central bank, which controls the currency and prevent Tzoaha of cooperation with the Ministry Aldalkhalah). Meanwhile, a director of economic crime in the Ministry of Interior Brigadier General Hussein Al Shammari (time) yesterday that (the crime of forgery exist but slightly and ineffective, and there are mafias from inside and outside the country working on fraud and the introduction of the currency and gold). Stressing (no printing presses fraud at home and Most currencies are from abroad and come in the form of a false or $ Banknotes large and spread mostly in nightclubs and popular areas and some commercial areas).

Al-Shammari said that (there is immunity for the currency through reprinted in the International Press and can not be falsified and can distinguish the currency once you touch or meditate to the original signal). But he also said that (the beginning of counterfeiting in Iraq was after the fall of the regime and steal some presses for printing those currencies such as the Press Mesopotamia and others have been arrested by the security authorities and are now in prison and then was to change the currency above). Was the Minister of Finance Acting Ali Shukri, had confirmed In an earlier statement of (time) that (there is a global mafias you enter counterfeit currency into Iraq across the border, which is witnessing a deterioration in security). He pointed out that (soon to talk about replacing the currency in the previous time introduced counterfeit currency gangs largely to Iraq because of the open borders).

http://www.azzaman.com/?p=46096

U.S. NEWSOctober 4, 2013, 12:30 p.m. ET
    Debt Ceiling Creates a Constitutional Conundrum
    President Says He Can't Act, but Legal Scholars See Room for Debate

By BRENT KENDALL CONNECT
    While the Obama administration says it doesn't have the authority to continue borrowing if Congress fails to raise the debt ceiling later this month, some legal observers say conflicting commands in the Constitution may give the White House room to maneuver.

Core constitutional provisions provide the starting point for the debate. Congress holds the power to tax, to spend and to borrow. The president, meanwhile, must take care that laws "be faithfully executed."

To some academics, that latter command could put President Barack Obama in a legal bind if Congress doesn't raise the debt limit. He would still face the obligation to spend money Congress had appropriated, they say, but would also have to obey laws that limit the borrowing and taxes needed to pay for that spending.

"It's not logically possible" to do both, said George Washington University law professor Neil Buchanan.

Faced with this conundrum, the "least unconstitutional" option would be for the president to continue borrowing, Mr. Buchanan said. The president would do more damage to the Constitution's separation of powers if he sought to pay the nation's debts by cutting spending on programs Congress had funded or by raising taxes above limits authorized by lawmakers, he said.

One of the most discussed legal theories for unilateral presidential action involves the 14th Amendment, the post-Civil War measure that guarantees due process and equal protection of the laws. The amendment's lesser-known Section 4 says the "validity of the public debt of the United States…shall not be questioned."

Former President Bill Clinton and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi are among those who have suggested President Obama could invoke that provision to continue government borrowing above the debt ceiling.

Others, however, take a narrower view, saying the provision clearly was aimed at worries Southern states would balk at paying Civil War-related debts. And they say the provision focuses specifically on the repudiation of U.S. debt, an issue not implicated in the current standoff.

"A refusal to increase the debt ceiling doesn't go there," said Tulane University law professor Stephen Griffin. Instead, it's Congress saying "we're not going to pay it right now."

While Mr. Griffin is skeptical of the 14th Amendment theory, he said there was an open question as to whether the president could continue borrowing by claiming general emergency powers under the Constitution, akin to the war powers that President Abraham Lincoln asserted during the Civil War. Under that theory, he said, the president could argue that he needed to "take extraordinary action to keep the country's government from falling apart."

Ohio State University law professor Peter Shane said there would be significant legal question marks no matter what Mr. Obama does in the event Congress fails to act. "We are certainly without any authoritative precedent," he said.

The White House has repeatedly said the president doesn't have the authority to act on his own to issue new debt. "Congress is vested that authority under the Constitution," Jason Furman, chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, said Thursday in an interview.

Furthermore, he said that even if the administration's lawyers interpreted the Constitution differently, it would be impossible to sell government debt under a legal cloud. "You could not have an economically successful auction in an environment like that," Mr. Furman said.

The bottom line, he said: "There isn't an out here."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303492504579115311724310856.html?KEYWORDS=brent+kendall

That is a new scenario now that we are so close to Oct. 8th. Waiting until the new Treasury notes are at the bank before the GCR makes perfect sense from a logistics stand point. Look at all the potential confusion that is eliminated by not exchanging currencies for FRN's and only being able to exchange for New Treasury Notes. It also eliminates any potential law suits for the banks if they don't explain properly the difference between the two. The consumer is far better off not having FRN's in the first place. Something to think about since we are so close you can feel it.

lol

:typing:
    Currency Manipulation: The IMF and WTO
    Jonathan E. Sanford
    Specialist in International Trade and Finance
    January 28, 2011

Summary

Congress has been concerned, for many years, with the possible impact that currency
    manipulation has on international trade. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has jurisdiction
    for exchange rate questions. The World Trade Organization (WTO) is responsible for the rules
    governing international trade. The two organizations approach the issue of “currency
    manipulation” differently. The IMF Articles of Agreement prohibit countries from manipulating
    their currency for the purpose of gaining unfair trade advantage, but the IMF cannot force a
    country to change its exchange rate policies. The WTO has rules against subsidies, but these are
    very narrow and specific and do not seem to encompass currency manipulation. Recently, some
    have argued that an earlier ruling by a WTO dispute resolution panel might be a way that
    currency issues could be included in the WTO prohibition against export subsidies. Congress is
    currently considering legislation to amend U.S. countervailing duty law, based on this precedent,
    that the proponents believe is consistent with WTO rules. Others disagree as to whether the
    previous case is a sufficient precedent.
    :hmmm:
    Several options might be considered for addressing this matter in the future, if policymakers
    deem this a wise course of action. The Articles of Agreement of the IMF or the WTO Agreements
    could be amended in order to make their treatment of currency manipulation more consistent.
    Negotiations might be pursued, on a multilateral as well as a bilateral basis, to resolve currency
    manipulation disputes on a country-by-country basis without changing the IMF or WTO
    treatment of this concern. Some countries might argue that the actions of another violate WTO
    rules and seek a favorable decision by a WTO dispute resolution panel. Finally, the IMF and
    WTO could use their interagency agreement to promote better coordination in their treatment of
    this concern.
    :workout:
    http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS22658.pdf

That is a new scenario now that we are so close to Oct. 8th. Waiting until the new Treasury notes are at the bank before the GCR makes perfect sense from a logistics stand point. Look at all the potential confusion that is eliminated by not exchanging currencies for FRN's and only being able to exchange for New Treasury Notes. It also eliminates any potential law suits for the banks if they don't explain properly the difference between the two. The consumer is far better off not having FRN's in the first place. Something to think about since we are so close you can feel it.

lol
    Brought over from previous thread....Interesting..

Re: FRANK26....7-9-13
    by Eagle1 » July 9th, 2013, 6:57 pm • [Post 16]

Latest Developments

Good Afternoon, Family!

Frank and I will be discussing some of these things tonight on the CC, but here are a few tidbits for you.

IMF is telling us (and so are people at Chase and WF) that 198 currencies should (and I emphasize, "SHOULD!") go live tonight on FOREX. FOX Business News reported this morning that the FDIC voted this morning to implement Basel III tomorrow, July 10. The news is also reporting that banks that are not compliant may use IQD or other currencies to beef up their asset or capital base in order to become compliant.

In Bloomberg News, the European Central Bank (ECB) also voted today to begin requiring all European banks to begin compliance procedures tomorrow, and that they must be Basel III compliant by August 1. If they are not compliant by that date, they are required to do a Cyprus-style haircut on their bank bondholders (as opposed to bank depositors like Cyprus did) in order to reach required liquidity levels.

The U.S. Dollar is part of the 198 currencies expected to go "live" tonight, and is expected to lose up to 50% of its value against many world currencies. I've already suggested to many folks who have the ability to do so to either move their funds into Canadian banks or convert any excess cash into Canadian dollars, since the CAD will increase in value by 10 - 20%.

Many of the big banks are in the process (and have been) of beefing up their security in preparation for customers coming in for the exchange. Even for us here in the Yakima Valley, although we don't have a large population base comparatively speaking, there are many hundreds of Dinar holders who need a place of exchange, and Wells Fargo has already prepared a separate location in order to accomplish the security issues.

Once again, it is appropriate to warn everyone that just because we're going to see these massive move all at once with the USD devaluing in the midst of it, this is NOT the end of the unfolding events. We still have the roll-out of the new Treasury-backed USD on or about October 8th, and the news of that event continues to spell out the fact that bank depositors will take a serious hit on the Fed funds they have on deposit.

This piece of news is not totally confirmed, so take this for the moment as a rumor. Those people who exchange their IQD WILL BE PAID in the new U.S. Treasury-backed dollars. So long as they deposit the proceeds into a non-interest-bearing checking account that has NO Fed funds in it before hand, the monies in that account will be treated as untouchable when the October 8th event takes place. Bear in mind that if you utilize the funds in that account, you may NOT deposit any funds into that account that are not UST backed or the entire balance will be treated as the old Federal Reserve monies.

Confirmation one way or another of the above should follow before too long, and I will pass it along.

Blessings on you.

Eagle1

Postby powerofprayer » October 4th, 2013, 1:24 pm • [Post 252]

Very interesting timing of this event...

Jamie Dimon Bank Chairman, Jpmorgan, Business News
    (Reuters) - JPMorgan Chase & Co chairman and CEO Jamie Dimon has given up the title of chairman of the company's main bank subsidiary to conform with a new internal policy on multiple roles.

Dimon has been under regulator scrutiny since the company last year disclosed it was losing billions of dollars on derivatives in what has become known as the "London Whale" trades. At this year's annual meeting, he won a vote of confidence called, in part, because of a breakdown in risk controls.

Dimon turned over the title of chairman of the deposit-taking unit, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., to a fellow director of the holding company, William Weldon, on July 1, a JPMorgan Chase & Co spokesman said.

Dimon is now chairman emeritus of the subsidiary, according to a document released on Thursday, which is the public portion of the company's so-called "living will" filed with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and Federal Reserve. Living wills of bank holding companies describe how the companies could be taken apart if they became financially distressed.

Dimon gave up the title to conform with a new internal policy whereby the holding company's chairman is not also the chairman of a subsidiary, according to the spokesman.

The change in Dimon's title at the subsidiary was reported earlier on Thursday by the Wall Street Journal.

JPMorgan recently agreed to pay nearly $1 billion in penalties to regulators for its handling of the derivatives debacle. It is also in negotiations with federal and state officials to settle, for as much as $11 billion, allegations of wrongdoing in its sales of mortgage securities.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/04/jamie-dimon-bank-chairman_n_4042917.html

Current FAQs
    Informing the public about the Federal Reserve

When will the new $100 note begin circulating?

The redesigned $100 note will begin circulating on October 8, 2013. From that date forward, any commercial bank, savings and loan, or credit union that orders $100 notes from the Federal Reserve will have its order filled with the new $100 note. Location, demand, and the policies of individual financial institutions will determine how quickly redesigned $100 notes reach the public, both in the United States and in international markets.

Consumers and businesses will not have to trade in older $100 notes for new ones. Older designs of Federal Reserve notes remain legal tender, and will not be recalled, demonetized, or devalued.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12769.htm

:typing:
    Currency Manipulation: The IMF and WTO
    Jonathan E. Sanford
    Specialist in International Trade and Finance
    January 28, 2011

Summary

Congress has been concerned, for many years, with the possible impact that currency
    manipulation has on international trade. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has jurisdiction
    for exchange rate questions. The World Trade Organization (WTO) is responsible for the rules
    governing international trade. The two organizations approach the issue of “currency
    manipulation” differently. The IMF Articles of Agreement prohibit countries from manipulating
    their currency for the purpose of gaining unfair trade advantage, but the IMF cannot force a
    country to change its exchange rate policies. The WTO has rules against subsidies, but these are
    very narrow and specific and do not seem to encompass currency manipulation. Recently, some
    have argued that an earlier ruling by a WTO dispute resolution panel might be a way that
    currency issues could be included in the WTO prohibition against export subsidies. Congress is
    currently considering legislation to amend U.S. countervailing duty law, based on this precedent,
    that the proponents believe is consistent with WTO rules. Others disagree as to whether the
    previous case is a sufficient precedent.
    :hmmm:
    Several options might be considered for addressing this matter in the future, if policymakers
    deem this a wise course of action. The Articles of Agreement of the IMF or the WTO Agreements
    could be amended in order to make their treatment of currency manipulation more consistent.
    Negotiations might be pursued, on a multilateral as well as a bilateral basis, to resolve currency
    manipulation disputes on a country-by-country basis without changing the IMF or WTO
    treatment of this concern. Some countries might argue that the actions of another violate WTO
    rules and seek a favorable decision by a WTO dispute resolution panel. Finally, the IMF and
    WTO could use their interagency agreement to promote better coordination in their treatment of
    this concern.
    :hrtthrob:
    http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS22658.pdf
    IMO,this makes it appear to me that Iraq/US maybe in control of RV. However, I do not know who is, this stuff is over my head. O maybe still manipulating M, making him wait on paying Kuwait the ten Billion dollars until He/O is ready; so it will make him look good when the RV happens.

Iraqi visas clear gridlocked Congress

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/iraqi-visas-government-shutdown-update-97798.html?hp=r19

By DAVID ROGERS | 10/3/13 11:45 AM EDT
    Amid all the rancor, Congress managed Thursday to get one thing done this week: Extending a special visa program for Iraqi civilians who worked for the U.S. during the war –often as translators—and fear for their safety amid the continued violence in that country.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/iraqi-visas-government-shutdown-update-97798.html#ixzz2gmO0MrHU

Believe me, I am no fan of viewing everything through dinar-goggles. I just found out that WF will be open on Columbus Day, though, and that's odd.

Aloha Friend............ \m/

Seems God is bringing our Teams some amazing information........... Amen.

Monday's CC will be long.

I will bring in many guest.......... Maybe even Delta.

With sincerity I invite You to come and learn .......... Newness with us.

KTFA,

Frank

Jamie Dimon Steps Down As Chairman Of JPMorgan Chase Banking Unit

Reuters | By David Henry
    Posted: 10/04/2013 8:08 am EDT

(Reuters) - JPMorgan Chase & Co chairman and CEO Jamie Dimon has given up the title of chairman of the company's main bank subsidiary to conform with a new internal policy on multiple roles.

Dimon has been under regulator scrutiny since the company last year disclosed it was losing billions of dollars on derivatives in what has become known as the "London Whale" trades. At this year's annual meeting, he won a vote of confidence called, in part, because of a breakdown in risk controls.

Dimon turned over the title of chairman of the deposit-taking unit, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., to a fellow director of the holding company, William Weldon, on July 1, a JPMorgan Chase & Co spokesman said.

Dimon is now chairman emeritus of the subsidiary, according to a document released on Thursday, which is the public portion of the company's so-called "living will" filed with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and Federal Reserve. Living wills of bank holding companies describe how the companies could be taken apart if they became financially distressed.

Dimon gave up the title to conform with a new internal policy whereby the holding company's chairman is not also the chairman of a subsidiary, according to the spokesman.

The change in Dimon's title at the subsidiary was reported earlier on Thursday by the Wall Street Journal.

JPMorgan recently agreed to pay nearly $1 billion in penalties to regulators for its handling of the derivatives debacle. It is also in negotiations with federal and state officials to settle, for as much as $11 billion, allegations of wrongdoing in its sales of mortgage securities.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/04/jamie-dimon-bank-chairman_n_4042917.html
    Iraqi Local Governance Law library

Most Recent Laws

5 Oct 2013

Title Language Jurisdiction Document Type Date Updatedsort icon

The provisions of the Bankruptcy and Magistrate him condom amended by Order of the Coalition Provisional Authority (dissolved) No. 78 of 2004 (Chapter V of the Trade Act No. 149 of 1970) Arabic Federal Law

http://www.iraq-lg-law.org/en/tracker_laws

2013 Annual Meetings Guide to Webcast Events – What’s On?

Donna Barne's picture
    SUBMITTED BY DONNA BARNE ON TUE, 10/01/2013

The global economy, climate change, and a new World Bank Group strategy to tackle extreme poverty will be hot topics next week. That’s when nearly 10,000 delegates, journalists and civil society representatives gather at the World Bank-IMF Annual Meetings. But you don’t have to be in Washington to take in 38 World Bank Group events that will be webcast Oct. 8-12. Several will be live-blogged or live-tweeted in multiple languages. You can also follow the conversation on Twitter with #wblive and other hashtags connected to events. We’ve compiled a sampling of events and hashtags below. Check out the full schedule or download the first-ever Annual Meetings app for Apple devices and Android smartphones.

Tuesday, Oct. 8

The Economic Case for Climate Action
    Webcast and Live Blog
    11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. ET
    World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim, IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde and representatives from government, civil society, and the private sector discuss low-carbon, climate-resilient development.
    In Arabic, English, French and Spanish
    Follow the event live on Twitter with #wblive

Wednesday, Oct. 9

The End of Poverty. Really?
    Webcast and Live Blog
    9-10 a.m. ET
    Can the world end extreme poverty in a generation? CNN’s Richard Quest tackles this critical question in a live-streamed interview with World Bank President Jim Yong Kim.
    Follow the event live on Twitter with #wblive.

From Poverty to Prosperity
    Webcast
    12-1:30 p.m. ET
    What kinds of policies can boost incomes for the bottom 40% of people? A panel moderated by Financial Times Editor Martin Wolf looks at paths to shared prosperity.
    Follow the event live on Twitter with #wblive

Inclusion Matters: The Foundation for Shared Prosperity
    Webcast and Live Blog
    2-3 p.m. ET
    This round-table discussion brings together policy makers, activists, academics, and World Bank managers for a discourse about what inclusion means in the context of development, why it matters, and what can we do to achieve it.
    Follow the event live on Twitter with #wblive and #inclusionmatters

Innovation in Systems: The Art and Science of Change, with President Jim Kim and Dr Atul Gawande
    Webcast
    3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m ET
    World Bank Group President Kim and renowned surgeon, thinker and writer Dr. Atul Gawande will share insights on what it takes to drive organizational change and deliver better services to World Bank Group clients and partners. Moderated by USA Today Washington Bureau Chief Susan Page.

Thursday, Oct. 10

2013 Annual Meetings Press Briefing: World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim
    Webcast
    8:45-9:30 a.m. ET
    Follow the press briefing live on Twitter with #wblive & #wbatgwu.

The Rise of the Middle Class and the Service Delivery Gap in Latin America and the Caribbean
    Webcast
    10 a.m.-12 p.m. ET
    This event, organized jointly by the World Bank Group and the global Spanish newspaper El País, brings together heads of state, ministers, and experts to debate the issue.
    In English and Spanish

Boosting Shared Prosperity by Getting to Youth Employment Solutions (YES)
    Webcast
    2-3:30 p.m. ET
    How can young people find productive jobs? A panel of experts from the public and private sectors, civil society, and the World Bank Group launch a collaboration and open dialogue on how to fill the gaps in knowledge, tools, and actions for youth employment solutions.

Friday, Oct. 11

Blessing or Curse? Making Earth's Riches Work for Poor and Fragile Countries
    Webcast and Live Blog
    11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET
    A high-level panel of industry and transparency experts and representatives of resource-rich nations grapples with the challenges that will define poverty or prosperity.

Igniting Innovation in Financial Access
    Webcast
    2-3:30 p.m. ET
    World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim, Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, and banking CEOs discuss how to increase financial inclusion at this event in partnership with the World Economic Forum.

What Will It Take to Achieve Both Healthy Children and Healthy Economies?
    Webcast
    2:30-4 p.m. ET
    This World Bank-USAID forum brings together senior officials from the Bank and U.S. government and Hans Rosling, Founder of Gapminder Foundation.
    Join the conversation at @worldbankhealth and @USAIDGH or follow #wblive.

Saturday, Oct. 12

2013 Annual Meetings Development Committee Press Briefing
    Webcast
    5:30-6:15 p.m. ET
    The World Bank Group Development Committee will address the media at the close of the 2013 Annual Meetings.
    Follow the event live on Twitter with #wblive & #wbatgwu.

http://blogs.worldbank.org/voices/2013-annual-meetings-guide-webcast-events-what-s?cid=EXT_TWBN_D_EXT
    Admin
    Admin

FRIDAY NIGHT NEWS 10/04/2013

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:01 am

Iraqi embassy in Bucharest assess the festive occasion of the passage of more than half a century of diplomatic relations between Iraq and Romania

4.10.2013 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add a comment -

Under the patronage of His Excellency the Minister of Foreign Affairs Mr. Hoshyar Zebari prepared Ambassador Omar Alborznge a reception marking the passage of 55 years since the establishment of diplomatic relations between Iraq and Romania, attended by His Excellency Romanian Foreign Minister Titus Kurltsaan and a representative of the Romanian presidency and agents of the various ministries and ambassadors accredited in Romania and the clergy and a large number of Iraqi community and gave the foreign ministers of the two words on this occasion and in the words of Minister Hoshyar Zebari, to Iraq and Romania after more than half a century of diplomatic relations, a period of work on the development of relations in all the magazines. He stated that Iraq had acquired a lot of friends in the world and expressed the hope sustain these relationships.
    gave the Minister Roman after delivering his speech commemorative gift to His Excellency the Iraqi minister on this occasion
    it is worth mentioning that the Minister Hoshyar Zebari had spent part of the time of the concert with the Iraqis resident in Romania and on this occasion presented a symbolic gift on behalf of the Iraqi Community Association in Bucharest handed over to His Excellency the President of the Assembly Mr. Ehsan Alxba, and also picked up commemorative photo. At the gala dinner, which called for the two ministers emerged experience the Iraqi ambassador "Omar Alborznge" in the management and organization of the meeting and choose the quality of the invitees, which combined the symbols of the Iraqi community and the Arab and Islamic with a group of community leaders Romanian intellectuals and media in addition to the official delegations, parliamentary and gentlemen Arab ambassadors and representatives of the diplomatic corps. That referred the lounge invitation to a galaxy of stars of Roman society at the center of the table ministers and ambassadors
    links images

http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=118945#axzz2gnDMrooL
    Read more: http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=118945#ixzz2gnDePx9E

U.S. Congress threatens to cut off aid to Iraq in the event of a repetition of any attack on MEK

4.10.2013 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add a comment -

Long-Presse / Baghdad threatened members prominent in the U.S. Congress, on Friday, Iraq "to cut aid allocated to it if repeat any attack on the MKO", and Pena that "it is unlikely to approve any sale of futuristic weapons to Iraq," in that event, and stressed Congress is "running out of patience over the continued failure of the Iraqi government in Hmyatem." said the newspaper (The Washington Times) U.S. in a report published today, and briefed him (Long Press), said that "each of Democratic Senator Robert Mendez chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee in the Senate, and Republican Senator John McCain Qama telling a senior official in the U.S. State Department that teaches the Iraqi government that Congress is running out of patience at the continuing failure to maintain the integrity of the elements of the PMOI from the attacks. " said Senator McCain, according to the paper the U.S., "The United States took over the protection of elements MEK after he handed over their weapons to U.S. forces in 2003, "he continued," After six years, recognizes the Iraq file the residents of Camp Ashraf in a timely and totaling 3,500 element. " said McCain, "We unfortunately have not adhered to our promise and hope to raise this issue with the Iraqi government , "pointing out that" we will have in Congress see the type of assistance provided to Iraq and how to hold them if they worked the Iraqi government to curb this act. " while Sen. Mendez "It is unlikely to agree to his commission on any sale of the future of arms to Iraq if What exposure camp residents to other attacks. " For its part, said Under-Secretary of State for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman, "The Ministry of Foreign involved the Foreign Relations Committee of Congress concerned about the attack on the camp on the first of September and which has left more than 52 dead." She said Sherman "The Iraqi government supplied the camp with 50,000 sandbags with barriers security to protect guests campers who are present now in Camp Liberty in Baghdad." And then I do Alsinato Mendes angrily, "I do not care how tons and put the sandbags, but when there are elements of the Iraqi joint is actually what happened, the sandbags will not have any interest in order to avoid the problem. " The Commission end the file of the MKO announced, in (September 22, 2013), that the Iraqi government had lost patience on file PMOI opposition, and confirmed that it is considering options Other to issue a binding decision to end their presence in the camp of Liberty (Liberty), and called upon the States concerned the camp to provide money to resettle in other countries and not advice only, "carried the UN Iraqi government responsible for the safety and security of the camp's residents. was the UN mission in Iraq announced, in (September 12, 2013), about the success of the transition of the last group of the residents of Camp Ashraf to Camp Liberty, while called on the Iraqi government to ensure their safety until their departure from Iraq, welcomed the U.S. State Department, the process of transfer.

were commanded Diyala provincial police said, in the (September 12 2013), the transfer of the meal the last of the residents of Camp Ashraf of the PMOI in Diyala province, to Camp Liberty in Baghdad, and while confirming that the number of people who were relocated reached 48 element, indicated that the transfer took place under supervised directly by the United Nations. It comes move the residents of Camp Ashraf after about ten days to declare the PMOI opposition, in the second of September, 2013, that 55 of its members were killed and a large number after storming Iraqi security forces to Camp Ashraf, north of Baghdad, in conjunction with the fall of the mortar, and accused the Prime Minister Iraq's Nouri al-Maliki of being behind the operation, called the "Send" A delegation from the United Nations and the United States to the camp for "stop the massacre" that exposed residents of the camp. were the United States, condemned, on the ninth of September 2013, the attack on the elements of organization PMOI in Iraq early September current, while called on the Iraqi government to provide protection for the remainder of the elements of the organization who are in Camp Ashraf, demanded the administration to create a "cooperation with the UN mission (UNAMI) for the transfer of the remaining to the camp of freedom. while condemned Mission UN in Iraq (UNAMI), killing elements of the MKO at Camp Ashraf by trying to break into by the Iraqi security force, and called on Baghdad to "open an urgent investigation into the case" and ensure the safety of the injured from the elements of the organization.

The attack is the second exposed elements of the MKO in Iraq in about six months, as the press freedom organization, on the ninth of February 2013, that 35 mortar shells and rockets landed on Camp Liberty, west of Baghdad, killing or wounding at least 106 people, warning the death of the injured because of the "rejected the Iraqi government" transferred to hospitals outside the camp. condemned the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), on the same day, the attack on Camp Liberty, which includes elements of the PMOI, demanding the Iraqi government to secure the protection of occupants until find quick solutions to them, calling they are people who asylum seekers, and apply to them the provisions of caring for refugees in accordance with international conventions, and promised what he was subjected to Liberty as a "despicable attack", called upon the United Nations, at the same time, the Iraqi government to open an urgent investigation into the incident.

http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=118932#axzz2gnDMrooL

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=118932#ixzz2gnEUIhl1

In my research I discovered this information on the Ministry of Planning of Iraqi
    It does not date the writing but is interesting. Hopefully it is not old news.

The Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency in Economic Feasibility Studies

Below are the central controls related to the exchange rate of the foreign currency to convert the project inputs and outputs from foreign currency to its equivalent in the local currency, and that is by calculating the net discounted present value standard and the internal return on investments in economic analysis that governs investment projects that costs excess one million dinars.

Estimate the shadow price of foreign currency:

1. It is necessary to put central controls to amend the official exchange rate * to reflect the shadow price of the foreign currency, and that is considered one of the necessary requirements to implement the net discounted present value standard and the internal return rate on investment in the economic calculation stated in the instructions, paragraph nine.

The central controls for adjusting market prices distinguished a group of outputs and inputs traded internationally, where the projects production or usage of them is reflected on the abundance of foreign currency in the economy and thus project outputs or inputs used of such are considered purely foreign currency outputs or inputs.

* What is meant by exchange rate: the number of units of foreign currency, expressed in dollar per one dinar.

In particular the following outputs and inputs of foreign currency were distinguished:

· Export-outputs.

· Outputs marketed locally that substitute imports.

· Imported inputs.

· Inputs produced locally that usually go to exports.

· Foreign labor.

According to the pricing rules the value of the output and input (traded) is calculated using export prices (FOB) and import prices (CIF), according to what is listed in the pricing rules.

In other words the pricing rules calculate what the project produces from foreign currency (quantity of exports multiplied by the export price (FOB) in foreign currency or the quantity of substitute imports multiplied by the import price (CIF) in foreign currency, as well as what the project uses from foreign currency and imported inputs multiplied by the import price (CIF) in foreign currency .... etc.).

In a later step, project outputs and inputs must be converted from the foreign currency to its equivalent in local currency (dinars) by using a specific exchange rate for the foreign currency.

2. Justifications for exchange-rate adjustment: there are a number of important and powerful arguments which support the view that the official exchange rate reduces the real value of foreign currency for purposes of calculating the economic national profitability for investment projects and hence for the purposes of investment planning. It is demonstrated in this context to call for assessing the dinar for less than (3.208) dollar (official exchange rate) when assessing project outputs and inputs of traded goods of exports, substitute imports and imports... etc.

The justifications to call for the use of an exchange rate that is lower than the official exchange rate are:

· The use of an exchange rate that is lower than the official rate is the appropriate action at the investment planning level to translate the country’s economic strategy aiming at stimulating central investments in the sectors that encourage the development of non-oil exports, as well as sectors that encourage the expansion of domestic production base in order to reduce imports and compensate it with local commodities. This helps to reduce reliance on foreign exchange earnings from crude oil exports and increases the share of non-oil sectors in the local production.

· The application of the amended exchange rate on project imported inputs will assist in directing investments away from aggregated sectors dependent on imported inputs and the preference of those sectors that rely on locally produced inputs.

· The use of the amended exchange rate helps to correct the balance in favor of the traded goods sectors compared to non-traded goods.

· The real exchange rate has declined rapidly since the early seventies, through rapid rise of the level of prices and local costs which led by the steadiness of the official exchange rate to change in prices and actual local rate costs that gave an advantage for imported goods at the expense of locally produced goods, meaning that it led to deterioration of the competitiveness of alternative replacement goods and export commodities.

· This action shows that the official exchange rate overestimates the value of the dinar, compared to the foreign currency and from the promoting goods substituting imports and export commodities point of view of.

And in support to this view is the state’s utilization and in a broad approach to the customs and quantitative protection policies especially for consumer goods, as well as export subsidies that exports have through an amended export exchange rate.

3. Estimate the amended exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar to be used in technical and economical feasibility studies and for (1.134) dollar per dinar. This price should be approved for 3 years until re-appreciation by the competent authorities.

http://www.mop.gov.iq

Nasdaq OMX Group Inc. is helping to set up a trading system for the Erbil Stock Exchange, which Iraq’s semi-autonomous Kurdish region plans to start operating by June, the new bourse’s chairman said.
    At least 25 companies will list shares on the Erbil exchange by the end of 2014, Abdullah Ahmad Abdul-Rahman said Friday in an interview in the northern Iraqi city. Trading will begin with an estimated volume valued at 5 billion dinars ($4.3 million) to 6 billion dinars, he said.
    “We aim to open a gateway for foreign investors in Iraq,” he said.
    The Kurdish enclave’s first stock exchange has also signed an 18-month advisory contract with New Jersey-based consultant Louis Berger Group Inc. The Kurdistan Regional Government plans to form joint ventures with private partners in agriculture, tourism and industry and trade their shares on the bourse, Abdul-Rahman said.
    The exchange, or ESX, will compete with the Baghdad-based Iraq Stock Exchange, which received a boost in February when mobile telephone operator Asiacell Communications PJSC listed its shares. Asiacell’s stock offering was fully subscribed and doubled the Baghdad stock market’s value from $4.66 billion last year, Taha Ahmad Abdul-Salam al-Rubaye, the Iraq exchange’s chief executive officer, said at the time.
    Nasdaq OMX is also helping to upgrade the Iraq exchange’s trading system, he said on June 28.
    “We hope there will be an agreement between the ISX and the ESX when it is launched, as this can increase liquidity in Iraq,” Shwan Taha, chairman of Baghdad-based Rabee Securities, said in an interview in Erbil.
    The market value of the Baghdad bourse could grow to $15 billion with the listing of the Iraqi unit of Mobile Telecommunications Co., Kuwait’s largest mobile operator known as Zain.
    The developments come days after Qatar Holding LLC, a unit of the Middle Eastern emirate’s sovereign wealth fund, bought NYSE Euronext’s 12 percent stake in the Qatar Exchange to become its sole owner. NYSE Euronext assisted with changes at the Qatar Exchange that almost doubled the bourse’s market capitalization and contributed to MSCI Inc.’s decision in June to upgrade the exchange to emerging market status from frontier, according to an Oct. 1 statement from Qatar Holding and NYSE Euronext.
    Kurdish authorities in northern Iraq have been disputing with the government in Baghdad over energy agreements, revenue sharing and land rights. The Kurds estimate their crude reserves at 45 billion barrels, enough to meet U.S. demand for almost seven years, and are building an oil pipeline as a step toward economic self-sufficiency.
    Iraq, with 150 billion barrels in reserves excluding Kurdish deposits, is the second-biggest producer in OPEC, after Saudi Arabia.

http://m.dailystar.com.lb/Business/Middle-East/2013/Oct-05/233590-nasdaq-helps-set-up-erbil-stock-exchange-after-qatar-stake-sale.ashx?#axzz2gnQjMMNC

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from being repeatedly poked in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Born and bread in Minnesota, Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he lived to be a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children: John Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TEAMS:

Yours is on last........ Up till 11:11.
    F26.

TEAMS:
    Correction........... He just pd KWin full!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MARK NOW.

Stop the communication end.
    Wait for my calls end.
    Full colors till M 2 am end.

ND ..... BAM, GONE!!! BACK TO MY HOLE.... :hibye:

That would be incorrect.

NEWSHOUNDS................... You have work.

SAGER Sir........... I love and respect You ......... But You know better than to ask me those questions as I communicate with my Teams. May I ask You as a brother in Jesus Christ to give thanks .......... TY Kindly.

KTFA,

Frank

Call to citizens who have information about the property or documents of the State of Kuwait to contact the ministry

Wednesday, October 02, 1 / 2013 17:48

Call to citizens who have information about the property or documents of the State of Kuwait to contact the ministry[Baghdad where]
    Foreign Ministry called upon honorable citizens who have information about the property or documents belonging to the State of Kuwait contact the ministry in order to bring it back to Kuwait, in implementation of Security Council resolutions.
    A statement from the Oarh Agency has received all of Iraq [where] a copy of it today that “citizens’ cooperation with the Ministry, but it is a national action aimed at resolving issues that we inherited by the crimes of the former regime and to enable Iraq to return to normal in the international community.”
    The statement said the reward “for those who provide any information about the property and have provided an important service to his homeland.” Ended

http://alliraqnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=41&Itemid=86

Don't know if anyine saw this yet, intersting read. Be prepared.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/10/imf_chief_global_economy_changing_on_an_epic_scale.html

The managing director of the Inernational Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde, sees big changes coming to the global economy.

Financial Times:

The global economy is experiencing "transitions on an epic scale", the International Monetary Fund managing director said on Thursday, warning that turbulence in emerging markets could knock 0.5 to 1 percentage point off their growth.Christine Lagarde's remarks show the damage done to emerging markets by a recent round of "taper talk", over the possibility of the US Federal Reserve slowing the pace of its asset purchases and their vulnerability to future changes in the pattern of global capital flows.

"The immediate priority is to ride out the turbulence as smoothly as possible," said Ms Lagarde. "Currencies should be allowed to depreciate. Liquidity provision can help deal with dysfunctional market behaviour. Looser monetary policy can also help."

But she warned that countries with inflationary pressures - such as Brazil, India, Indonesia and Russia - have less scope to use monetary policy and that high debt and deficits mean many developing countries have little space for fiscal stimulus either.

"Overall, the global outlook remains subdued," said Ms Lagarde, in her traditional speech ahead of the annual World Bank and IMF meetings in Washington next week. "In many of the advanced economies, however, we are finally seeing signs of hope. Growth is looking up, financial stability is returning, and fiscal accounts are looking healthier."

The impact of a slowdown on US Federal Reserve asset purchases had been expected to dominate this year's annual meetings but the Fed's decision to hold off on tapering has removed that focus.

Instead, the world's economic policy makers will have a ringside seat as they assemble in a US capital where much of the federal government is shutdown and a potential default is just days away if Congress cannot resolve its differences. Ms Lagarde said that raising the debt ceiling is "mission critical" for the world economy.

"Because the normalisation of monetary policy affects so many markets and people across the globe, the US has a special responsibility: to implement it in an orderly way, linking it to the pace of recovery and employment; to communicate clearly; and to conduct a dialogue with others," said Ms Lagarde.

Lagarde made it clear that inflation could still imapct much of the developing world, which is a danger as the Fed is expected to "taper" off its bond buying program early next year.

And much of the danger in Europe of sovereign defaults has eased - not so much because of policies put in place but rather because there has been just enough growth to pull countries like Greece and Spain back from tbe brink.

How long it lasts is the question that has yet to be answered.

AZP

Banker: private banks evolved considerably and now has external relations with international banks

support

Baghdad (news) .. Invited the Executive Director of the Association of private banks Abdul Aziz Hassoun, the need to support the private banking sector through a deal with him and increase public confidence in him, pointing out that the private banks have evolved a lot and now has the external relations with international banks.
    said Hassoun (of the Agency news): Stop from statements unexplained, which fired some officials and specialists in the economic sphere towards private banks that they are delinquent in their work and take responsibility for any confusion is happening in the market or exchange rate of the dinar.
    added: that of private banks has evolved considerably from what it was in the past through the use of mechanization of modern to facilitate transactions Banking and speed of completion, as well as become their external relations with international banks, so the work is consistent with what issued by the Central Bank of the instructions and controls.
    pointed to: that the government is required to support the private banking sector by encouraging government institutions to deal with it in order to advance the development of the country .
    mentions that the banking system in Iraq consists of forty-three banks as well as the Central Bank and distributed by ownership between (7) state banks and (30) Bank Ahli including (7) Islamic banks in addition to (6) of foreign banks

http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=103304

Foreign Policy: Washington refuses to use the aircraft in Iraq march

10.05.2013 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add a comment -

Translation term
    said Foreign Policy magazine in a report that the Obama administration is unwilling to appear in access new war in Iraq through the use of drones, requested by the Iraqis so much to help them in control of the airspace and to deal with al-Qaeda and camps.

magazine said that over the weeks ago, the Iraqi officials are spreading the idea of using drones, U.S. to hit the al Qaeda-linked militants who are increasing their brutality on the land of the country. But the Obama administration aircraft regular friendly, drones, it seems that they are not in the mood to open a new front in the global campaign against aircraft attacks. He says officials in the American administration that attacks piloted aircraft in Iraq is not on طاولتهم now.

, and despite the fact that no Iraqi counterparts and U.S. officials will say who canceled the use of unmanned aircraft in Iraq, it is no secret that began discussed first.

On a visit to Washington in 17 of last August, transfer, Iraqi Foreign Minister, Hoshyar Zebari, said Baghdad is seeking to obtain advisers Americans, and air traffic control or the use of drones to fight al Qaeda in Iraq.

was Zebari has said "We can not fight these terrorist threats mounting on our own. " When talking about drones specifically, he said as long as they are used "to target al-Qaeda and its rules," without causing "collateral damage", Iraqis would welcome them.

In the same month, he repeated the Iraqi ambassador to Washington, Luqman Philly, Iraq's desire aircraft drones. He said that "the reason for which we think is now supported by drones is that we need to better control over our skies so that we can track and destroy al-Qaeda camps in the country."

It is not difficult to understand why the Iraqis attention directed aircraft. On Monday last, behind the 12 car bomb attack dozens of people dead in an event that would cause a shock in any other country, is located in the civil war.

However, Iraq has witnessed a brutal 38 accident in the last 12 months. In the year 2013 alone, Iraq is witnessing an explosion at an average of 68 car bombs per month. According to UN reports that 5740 Iraqi civilians were killed since January so far, which is more than twice the number of the dead who have signed up in 2010 as a whole.

Although these figures Thunderbolt, the United States is not about to open a new war in Iraq aircraft without pilot. As he said an administration official said the use of drones war did not come up for discussion, not even the subject of thinking in regards to Iraq.
    U.S. officials say publicly that they stand behind the Iraqi government in its struggle to fight the wave of al Qaeda attacks escalating in the country.

has said a spokeswoman for the National Security Council , Bernadette Meehan, "We look to the Government of Iraq a key partner in the fight jointly against al-Qaeda," she added "We are in an ongoing dialogue to explore possible ways to expand cooperation and assistance in facilitating Iraq's ability to weaken and defeat al-Qaeda network active inside Iraq., and beyond this, I'm not going to discuss Details diplomatic discussions. "

but experts in counter-terrorism operations Iraqi say there is more than one reason may be behind the unwillingness of the United States to engage in this. Said Joseph Quinn, a teacher at Mrkazhoyst Point to combat terrorism, that "the administration brought us out of Iraq, and this is an achievement to them. So any intensification of activity in Iraq again would be against this success."

and added, "may be the American administration is concerned what we call in the war to "mission creep" military, in the sense that it starts with the drones, but where will arrive?. "

There are legal considerations as well. He says Sam برانن, a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, said that "there is a legal process is very strict and behind determine the candidate for the targeting and who is not so," and explains that the drones "to Atdharb targets without that there will be understanding of intelligence is very strong that the aim is a direct threat to the United States. In this case, it is clear that the targets pose a threat to Iraq, but not necessarily that it poses a threat to the United States. " But Ambassador Lukman Philly refused to say whether the Iraqis had made ​​a request for the use of drones or not, but said they will continue to request further assistance from the United States.

said Philly "on the support that we get it, is the level we need urgent him? both" . He added that this "zone سلطنا light clearly also highlighted other officials."

He said that the United States remains in support of the Iraqis in several respects, including the control of terrorists. "We get positive messages from the United States says they are more than happy to work with us in addressing the urgent need on the ground, first in the Western Sahara, and in this regard, there is cooperation going on now, including surveillance activities."

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=118960#ixzz2goGkBCq7

A familiar story line: Banks get accused of rigging rates. Again.
    October 4, 2013, 10:56 AM

ReutersA woman learns the security features of a euro banknote.

The statement, all of three sentences, was short on details, but it got the point across.

Switzerland’s financial regulator, known as the Financial Market Supervisory Authority or Finma, is looking into whether “several Swiss financial institutions” manipulated foreign-exchange rates. Finma is working closely with regulators in other countries, ”as multiple banks around the world are potentially implicated.” And no, it would not be answering any questions.

Finma’s statement on Friday was a warning shot, a sign, it seemed, that more investigations are in the works. The U.K.’s Financial Conduct Authority already said this summer that it is investigating similar allegations.

Bloomberg News first reported this summer on concerns that the foreign exchange rates were being manipulated. According to Bloomberg, some traders were colluding with other dealers at other banks to move the rates. They were also pushing through clients’ orders so they could get better rates on their own orders.

Foreign-exchange rates — which involve the trading of one currency for another — might seem esoteric, but they’re essential building blocks in the architecture of the global economy. Foreign exchange rates help fund managers value the perceived day-to-day value of investments, and they affect pensions, savings accounts and other investments that follow broader indexes.

It is hardly the first time that banks have been accused of collusion on what is supposed to be an open bidding process. Big banks have also been accused of rigging the Libor rate, which reverberates to affect the costs of mortgages and other consumer loans, and municipal bonds, which help cities and states pay for roads, schools and sewer upgrades.

The Libor scandal spilled open in June 2012, after the British bank Barclays BCS was fined after some of its traders submitted artificial bids to rig the interest rate. The probes have expanded since then; regulators in the U.S., the U.K. and around the world are now investigating whether J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. JPM +0.23% , Citigroup Inc. c C -0.27% and other international banks rigged the Libor. Authorities are also looking into whether banks rigged the Euro Interbank Offered Rate, known as the Euribor, and the Tokyo Interbank Offered Rate, known as the Tibor.

In June, the Monetary Authority of Singapore found that Citigroup, Bank of America Corp. BAC -0.14% and others had deficient risk management and controls relating to submission of the Singapore Interbank Offered Rate, or SIBOR.

In July, J.P. Morgan settled charges from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, which accused the bank of rigging California’s energy market. The bank did not admit or deny wrongdoing.

In July, the European Commission filed a “Statement of Objections” against Bank of America Corp., Citigroup, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs Group Inc. GS , Morgan Stanley MS and others, alleging that the banks had broken EU competition laws by conspiring to prevent the development of transparent exchanges for certain products, such as credit default swaps. The Department of Justice in the U.S. is also investigating.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/10/04/a-familiar-story-line-banks-get-accused-of-rigging-rates-again/

A member of the Finance Committee: the importance of amending the Insurance Act for the development of the economic sector in the country

04-10-2013 11:33 AM

Baghdad (news) .. Confirmed a member of the Finance Committee MP / Kurdistan Alliance / Najeebeh Najib, the importance of amending the law to the private sector insurance No. 10 for the year 2005, for his active role in the development of the economic sector of the country.

Said Najib (of the Agency news): it is one of the supporters of any law stating the private sector and it needs a legislative amendment or a legal order to be a catalyst to activate and revitalize this important sector, indicating that the Insurance Law of the most important laws that contributed to a successful major countries economically developed as work on the increase the confidence of citizens in the country.

And demanded: the private sector to provide the legal text to be amended to the financial and economic committees to study and submit a proposal to the House of Representatives to amend it.

It showed: including that Iraq is an Islamic state there is a kind of reservation on the issue of insurance, but we can proceed from the laws within the provisions of Islam and constitutional articles which to work to stimulate the private sector.

The private sector companies in the field of insurance demanded official bodies to support amending the Insurance Act No. 10 of 2005, which it said he did not Ancefha, to be able to exercise its role which contributes to the economic development process in the country. / End / 5.. /
    - See more at: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&nv=1&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php%3Fpage%3Darticle%26id%3D103399&usg=ALkJrhhagO-ifx43iPgSncYB990gatTYQA#sthash.G1SRihBM.dpuf

Law of the Ministry of Commerce

10/03/2013 12:00 AM

BAGHDAD - morning
    called for a member of the Committee of Economy and Investment parliamentary MP Nahida Daini inclusion of a paragraph in the law of the Ministry of Commerce include the opening of branches of the Department of Registration of companies in the provinces of economic and commercial activity.
    added Daini told the (morning) that the Ministry of Commerce is concerned party registration Acharkalt especially since Iraq now need to enter the investment companies to the provincial economic border to take its role in the development process. pointing to the need for accounting firms lagging according to the law and to develop new regulations to reduce administrative corruption of the companies involved in investment projects. They pointed out that the law of the Ministry of Commerce under discussion in the House of Representatives, it is hoped happen to positive changes in the work of the ministry.
    طباعة

http://www.alsabaah.iq/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=55705

Directions for the expansion of protected agriculture in Diwaniya

10/03/2013 12:00 AM

BAGHDAD - شكران Fatlawi
    continue the Ministry of Agriculture Bttaghizafilahin equipment and seedlings which is characterized by productivity and high resistance to diseases and conditions of transport, in a move which to encourage peasants.
    authoritative source in the ministry spoke of the "morning" a memorial systems, sprinkler irrigation for the expansion of agriculture protected, pointing out that the number of homes plastics amounted to more than 850 beta distributed between the districts and the areas of the province of Diwaniyah. He pointed out that the project team using techniques of modern irrigation promoting transactions peasants and farmers for the acquisition systems sprinkler types (axial, hard) and through nominations sent by the People's agricultural-related Directorate.
    He pointed out that the team make statements on the lands of peasants and farmers wishing acquisition systems, stressing that this systems provided by the ministry to support 50 percent of the price of the system import, as well as installment amount to ten annual installments. noted the source that the farms gives double the quota fertilizer to wheat crop fertilizer complex and urea, as well as give farmers outstanding production in these systems precedence in processing by machines and equipment.
    , and pointed out that the ministry is in collaboration with the Commission for project use irrigation techniques of modern supervision and follow-up and give scientific advice and training for farmers to set up, operate and maintain the system and keep up with the work from the beginning to the end of the season.
    noted that the number of systems distributed among the people Agricultural (5) systems for an area of 120 dunums (3) systems for an area of 80 acres, and (3) 68 dunums systems, (7) to the area of systems 42 without Mounaqlh.
    طباعة
    http://www.alsabaah.iq/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=55702

NBK Trains More Than 1,110 Kuwaiti Employees During 2013
    KUWAIT CITY, Oct 1: National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) has trained more than 1,100 Kuwaiti employees during 2013, as part of its commitment to supporting Kuwaiti nationals. This year, NBK offered more than 90 training programs as part of the bank’s continuous drive to enhance the skills of the talented and qualified Kuwaiti nationals. “Investing in human resources is investing in our future,” said Emad Al Ablani, NBK Deputy General Manager, Human Resources Group. “NBK maintains its leading position as one of the country’s largest employers in the private sector and is committed to supporting Kuwaiti nationals and empowering them to realize their potentials.”

Al Ablani added that “NBK will continue its efforts to provide career and training opportunities for nationals and to support the country’s aim to encourage young Kuwaitis to assume roles in the private sector”.
    NBK training programs include NBK Academy, the Summer Internship Program and the first of its kind in the region the NBK High Fliers Program in collaboration with the American University of Beirut to provide NBK’s future leaders with a wide range of leadership disciplines covering topics such as finance, risk and people management skills and included classroom discussion, case studies and assignments.

http://www.arabtimesonline.com/RSS/tabid/69/smid/414/ArticleID/200229/t/NBK-trains-more-than-1110-Kuwaiti-employees-during-2013/Default.aspx

Admin
    Admin

TUESDAY AFTERNOON NEWS 10/15/13

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:47 am

U.S. to delay release of TIC, currency reports due shutdown

inShare
    Share this

Email
    Print
    Reprints